Business owners who expect solid revenue results from their marketing program demand testing. Not just testing for the sake of checking off a mental box (“There, I looked up the click-through rates on the last email campaign and browsed my website analytics. On to the next task.”) but testing in order to learn what is working well and what needs to be refined or replaced.
Calvert Creative helps business owners define baselines or benchmarks for all the parts of your marketing strategy, and we integrate testing models into our work at the beginning of the process. We help clients review the results of our testing in order to determine which results are significant and require small changes or larger measures.
Here are a few of the items we test on a daily or weekly basis:
We typically run a 20% split test, then implement the winning subject line in the remaining 80% of your list.
Not only do we test headlines, forms, button text, and calls-to-action, we also test whether sending subscribers directly to landing pages brings a higher rate of conversion over sending them to a product page on your website.
We frequently test “hero” images to see whether imagery with males or females converts better. If prices are listed, we test slightly differing versions ($199 vs $200) in order to see what price brings a higher conversion rate.
Testing can include active and passive voice, wording, and imagebased links vs text-based CTAs.
Emails, social media drip feeds, and Facebook posts may all bring about different conversion rates depending on send time. Monday at 8 am might bring about a higher open rate on an email than Friday at 4 pm.
Potential clients appreciate being given something of value. We help you determine what that might be — a coupon, discount, whitepaper, free trial, etc., then we help you create and deliver that incentive, and we test the results. You might get a higher conversion rate by offering a coupon than you do when offering a “free consult.”
Have you ever asked a friend to look for your company online, or make a test purchase of your product while you quietly observed? How hard was it for them to find your landing page or website? Did they navigate through your site easily and behave exactly as you expected? What questions or observations did they have? Calvert Creative tests for findability (by humans, not just search engines!), content, usage patterns, error avoidance, and overall satisfaction on websites and makes adjustments accordingly.
Are you carefully and methodically testing your marketing campaigns? Better results are just a small step away!