Creating E-mail Headlines that Demand to be Clicked
Everyone gets dozens of marketing e-mails each week and unless they really grab the reader’s attention, they simply get deleted. Are you looking for some great ideas for creating e-mail headlines that demand to be clicked instead of ignored and removed?
Below are some sample headlines and subject lines that have been successful for many companies and even a reason or two that makes them work well.
- One of the most popular headlines that work quite well is “The Secret of…” Everyone loves to think they are getting insider information that will help them explain a solution to a problem they are experiencing with a product or service. It could also help the consumer to meet a need for a product or service they are seeking.
- Another very similar headline that has been very effective for many companies is “Little Known Ways to…” because it also helps people think they are getting some information that can really assist them in solving an issue they are having.
- There are many people who will open a headline entitled “What Everyone Should Know About…” It appeals to our natural curiosity, and as long as the subject hits something we feel we would benefit from knowing, we’ll open!
- One of the classic examples is “Now You can have… and reap the benefits of…” is almost like the old saying about having your cake and eating it too. When a headline offers something that many consumers have a great desire for and it results in an exceptional event, the email is much more likely to be opened.
- With everyone looking for instant gratification these days, many consumers will also open an e-mail entitled “Here’s a Quick Way to…” because it offers a fast way to solve an existing problem.
- In the same way, a headline which begins “Getting Rid of …” can appeal to readers because it helps identify a solution to an ongoing problem they are having. Make sure you know your audience, and offer them real and valuable solutions for pressing needs.
- Showing empathy with consumers in a headline like “Five ways to solve…” lets consumers know that there is going to be some resolution to a problem they are experiencing.
Don’t forget: the importance of appropriate use of targeted keywords can hardly be overstated. These are the words that consumers search for when looking for information, and when they see those specific words in a headline, they are much more likely to open the e-mail and read it. Do your research, watch your analytics closely, and know the keywords that are most highly targeted in your industry. Then put those keywords and phrases to work for you in good headers and subject lines, as well as in the text of your emails, newsletters, and article or site content.
Need help getting a higher open rate on your email campaigns? Looking for good copywriting and content generation? Contact Calvert Creative today for a free consultation and see how we can help you grow your business.